The School of Medicine's Information Technology group ( a.k.a. SOM IT ) support the technical operations of VCHS/Dean's Office units (and some SOM Departments) by offering their technical knowledge to resolve user problems associated with computer setup, software, hardware, networking and account setup. The SOM IT group is a recharge unit, meaning that their funding is based on revenues recovered from the user base. Billing is performed monthly based on an hourly rate (in 15 minute intervals). The SOM IT Trouble application manages service calls coming in. This can be done directly by the user or if a phone call comes in, this is entered by SOM IT directly. Needed information includes contact name and number, problem description, manager (to authorize the expense). The first challenge is always to get from the user complete and relevant information describing the problem, as well as, the name of a person who can authorize the necessary recharge expense.
This application employs a user interface to accumulate trouble calls, which are then actionable, searchable, archived, reported and create a monthly journal to upload to the campus operating ledger (to charge departments). The application validates indexes against the campus listing to ensure the charge will process.
What to know before you start.
- There are separate request forms depending on whether the user is in the School of Medicine or Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science (SSPPS).
- Recently there was an agreement w/ SSPPS to manage their IT work. 1 person has been assigned to SSPPS to handle all of their calls (routed based on their form).
- User's are required to pay for services requested via a valid UCSD index (except for the routine SSPPS calls because a person has already been assigned/paid for)
- All requests will require a supervisor approval (SOM IT gets this), this usually is in the financial area of a department eg, ADBO, DBO etc.
- Any request submitted should include as much information as possible to facilitate a timely resolution.
- How to access the applications
- Open a web browser and enter one of the following URLs into the browser's address window:
- Fill out all of the fields in the form, then click the Submit button at the bottom of the form.
Topic revision: r3 - 2010-01-05 - 17:48:03 - kjensen
BAD.AppSOMITRecharge moved from BAD.AppSOMITTroubleReport on 2010-01-05 - 17:47 by Main.kjensen
- put it back