Within the University pay structure, it is important that employees that have the same responsibilities and duties (and classifications) are paid equitably. If there are changes in duties that do not warrant a reclassification, it may be appropriate that the compensation for an employee is reviewed. These requests are Equity requests and the School of Medicine has incorporated an application for this purpose. The purpose of this application is to provide an efficient way for School of Medicine department personnel to submit equity requests and have them reviewed in a timely manner. Note that the submittal of a request does not guarantee approval of the request.
- A user can access the application by clicking on the Equity Requests link on this page.
- Or, from the front page of the School of Medicine web site, located here by clicking on:
- Departments ( Under Quick Links )
- Applications ( On the left side of the page )
- Equity Requests ( Under Human Resources )
How to use the application
- Enter your username and password.
- Note 1: This is not your UCSD Single Sign-On user name and password as this is one of our oldest applications.
- If you have forgotten your username and password, contact BADG
- Note 2: It may take several minutes before the list of equity requests for your department are displayed. Please be patient.
- To submit a new equity request
- Click on the New link
- Enter a valid UCSD employee id
- Or, click on the card icon to the right for help finding the employee
- On the Equity Adjustment Request page, fill out the necessary information. Note there are several View links to help you find job card information.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page once you have the page filled out.
- To view the status of a submitted equity request, you can click on the View link to the right of the request.
- To approve a pending request
- You must be an authorized approver or you will not see the "Review" button, you will see a "View" button.
- If you are the authorized approver, click on the Review button to see the content of the request.
- Enter your comments, if any. NOTE: Your comments are limited to 255 characters.
- Click the Approve or Deny button as appropriate.
- You should receive an email confirming your decision.
- Approval Process
- To request approval to use this application.
- Send an email to your Department Business Officer or supervisor that describes the business reason why you need to use this application.
- Once you have department authorization, send an email to the primary stakeholder requesting access to the application.
- Finally, forward the email approvals from your department and Human Resources to the Business Application Development Group.
- If you have a question related to the business of compensation and classifications send them to a Human Resources contact.
- If you have a question regarding access to the application, difficulty using the application, or an error message that occurred while using the application, contact the Application Development group by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topic revision: r16 - 2013-05-15 - 19:26:47 - PaulRoesler